Wednesday, June 16, 2010

day two in london!

Hello! It is 4:59 here! Alrighty! so an overview of today. First we woke up at 6:30 so we'd be awake to get breakfast at 7:30 and leave on the bus for London at 8:00. So some of you might be wondering why I said "going to London" the actual London city itself isn't really that big. Apparently it's mainly just the center of the mass that everyone else calls London! (Fun fact for the day)After we got on the bus, we took a tour of London. We kind of wizzed by some things but all in all it was cool! (Another fun fact, Big Ben is not actually what we think of when we think of Big Ben. What we think of as Big Ben is actually called the clock tower, Big Ben is actually the bell inside of the clock tower.) After the bus, we got out and walked through Hyde park to catch the changing of the guard. I just want to point out that there are a lot of rat-birds (aka pigeons) trying to attack me. Although I did see a black swan and got a really pretty picture of it. As we were watching the change, actually the guards that had just gotten off duty and not the new ones, my camera died so I missed quite a bit of it, but don't worry! I got new batteries so everything is OK!!! After the guards the group broke up and I went to Windsor castle, were the queen happened to be staying at the moment, and after an hour ride to Windsor I got to see the queen riding to the derby, but was unable to get pictures because the trees were in the way. :-( Well in Windsor I got to see Princess Mary's Dollhouse. That thing would fit in my room, if it had nothing else in it! It was taller than my ceiling! my gosh! i don't know how one girl can play with that, and on top of that, she had 2 dolls the size of my little cousin! they both had multiple dresses designed by famous designers. I went through the rest of the castle that we were allowed to see and I was blown away. After the castle, I went to the cathedral where King Henry VIII and Queen Jane Seymour are buried, fun fact, the only of his 6 wives to be buried with him. At the end I found a gift shop. Why in the world would anyone put a gift shop in a church?!?!?!?! Well, I rode back on the hour long trip to eat at the original hard rock cafe in outer London! It was pretty good! At this point The group split again, because I was super tired and my knees were burning, I elected to go home instead of taking the half an hour long trip around the London eye, sad, but true. Well, that's my day! Tomorrow I'll be talking about Jack the ripper, last fun fact of the day, the first serial killer in the world. In the mean time, Good night!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, good on you. Jetlag can be a beast...just get some sun and eat something solid. You'll be god in about 12 hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. TObias says, Fun time in Europe Eh.... How fun is that....Aww i'm so jealous, I think I am taking a trip there one day. But this is all so cool. It sounds like you are having a great time. Keep me posted-Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much better. Sounds like a great full day. Enjoy tomorrow. I have staff development allday. Good stuff but I bet you'll have way more fun. I love you. Remember, enjoy and engage!! Love to you.

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a great time, pity you are not coming to the north west - I would have loved to have seen you again - enjoy Maaleh

    ReplyDelete